Wiglaf Big Idea Show
Pricing in Currency Fluctuations
Growth in North America and Europe is low to non-existent. The euro is down against the dollar. China has wage inflation. Half of the BRIC countries are now investment pariahs. And the N-11 countries still offer high uncertainty against a backdrop of high potential growth.
Given the current currency fluctuations and country specific economic situations, what problems do they create for firms and how should prices supposed to be managed across boarders today? From looking at case studies from consumer and industrial markets, we find two challenges to pricing have increased their importance in today’s environment. Learn the key issues in managing these impacts.
Delegates will learn:
- The shifting patterns of economic growth
- The impact of Euro devaluation
- Impact of the economic shifts on Heineken, Unilever, Colgate-Palmolive, Proctor & Gamble, Johnson & Johnson, Harman, Federal-Mogul, Harley Davidson, H&M, and others
- The two key impacts on pricing of these economic shifts
- Routes to managing new pricing pressures
Starring Tim Smith, PhD, Founder and Managing Partner of Wiglaf Pricing, Adjunct Professor of Marketing at DePaul University, and author of Pricing Strategy: Setting Price Levels, Managing Price Discounts, and Establishing Price Structures.
- Thursday, 21 May
- 11 am - 12 am Chicago Time
- Wiglaf Big Idea Show